Hands-on Graphic Designer:
experience in print design, production art and branding systems;
concentration on communication and function.
E X P E R I E N C E
May 2011-Present - Imperial Beverage, Kalamazoo, MI
- Creation of brand-specific point-of-sale pieces for restaurants, retail businesses and festival sites throughout
the state of Michigan.
- High involvement with brand-specific designs and marketing, including client and company-specific branding
pieces for print and web.
- Projects have included sell sheets, posters, menus and large banners.
- Goals set each quarter to improve the function of the team.
- High involvement with brand managers, account managers, marketing manager, other designers and operations
to ensure flawless creation and delivery.
Freelance Graphic Designer
April 2008-Present Kalamazoo, MI
- Creation of print collateral for various local clients including layout design, photography, packaging labels and brochures.
- Creation of greeting cards and paper products to be sold in local shops and galleries.
February 2006-April 2008 - AbelsonTaylor, Chicago, IL
- Electronic keylining for pharmaceutical brand collateral within the prepress process: brochures, advertisements, packaging and trade show materials with concentration on typography, detailed client specifications and optimization techniques.
February 2004-August 2006 - Colorbök, Dexter, MI
- Creation, conception and production for craft and paper products.
- Management of licensed art materials, creation of brand packaging, assistance with product photo shoots, proofing and creation of copy, creation of prototypes.
Graphic Design Internship
September 2002- June 2003 Western Michigan University, Design Center, Kalamazoo, MI
- Development of conceptually driven print and identity collateral from concept through completion for local non-profit clients.
E D U C AT I O N
BFA in Graphic Design 1999-2003 Western Michigan University
S O F T W A R E S K I L L S
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, QuarkXPress